viernes, 10 de octubre de 2008

A cigarette's confessions


I'm little, of a fine style shape. I know I'm good looking, dressed in a white paper. I´m always shown on beautiful glass shelves, in elegant golden, cigarette boxes. During the day I'm on desks, at night I'm on bedside tables. I'm always published on newspapers and magazines. Television, gives me important minutes of publicity. My aroma invades everywhere I go.

It is well-known, that since long time ago I have formed an empire with men of all races, poor and rich people, young and old men and women. I stablish the law of this empire. My slaves, as I called them with love, should sacrifice for me whenever I ask them. It doesn't matter how much it cost. As master and king, who I am, I give them pleasure, escape moments and calm for their anxieties.

In exchange to this, they should give their weak heart, their congested lungs and their stained hands and teeth. Not many of them could be able to tolerate cancer pains, but what's the matter comparing with the company I offer them. In the last years some rebellious people are angry about me. They have declare war against me. I don't know who told them that I'm a simple object and that they are human beings who are free to choose and not to create dependance on nothing.

Must of them have increased, but I still have some faithfull and innocent friends who will give their lives for me and do my own volunteer. I hope you who are reading this confession won't never leave me and remember I give you pleasure, you just give me only your health, your life.....this is my empire's law.

No hay comentarios: