domingo, 24 de agosto de 2008

A new experience at Matamoros




Hello everybody, it was nice to see you again since a very long vacations time. I heard from some of you some experiences you had on this vacations period. Some of you worked, some went out for vacations and some just stayed home.
Well, I have also an experience to tell you. It's a very long story. First, as most of you remember, Ms. Martha invited us to try to get a job as English teachers of the new program for Federal schools. So I waited for that date and on May I went to take the English exam. After a week they told me I was approved and the next step was that I needed to go to Victoria for a psicometric exam. So my husband took me over there at about 4 o'clock in the morning so I can get there at 8' oclock or before. Then after I finished that exam, we returned that afternoon to Tampico. A week later, they told me I was approved and the next step again was that I needed to take a Diplomado for a whole month on July.
Well, in the meantime, we started vacation at the UAT, remember? but I was still working in the morning at the Latino. So, at the middle of June I was invited by the Santander University to give an English course. I accepted and they asked me to start going with a group of teachers to another school where we were going to make or prepare the manual or antologies for that course.
Since that day I started to go after I leaved my work at 3 0'clock in the afternoon and began to work on those manuals getting information from other books or from internet. It was a real hard and boring job being there sometimes from 3 to 10 0'clock, sometimes from 3 p.m. to 12 a.m. and and there was a day when we left at almost 3 am. trying to get those antologies on time, because the (rector) from the Santander University needed to present or to show it to the governor of the state to see if he approved it.
Of course he approved it, but before that we, worked and worked checking it and doing it again and again. We were not expererinced on doing that, that's why we had mistakes and more mistakes. But at last it was done.
And guess what, now we need to give that Diplomado to teachers who were going to teach some canditate teachers who wanted to have a job at the Federal schools. So, in my case, I was going to supervise or be a coordinator of some other teachers who were going to give the Diplomado. And imagine what, they were going to send me to Nuevo Laredo for the whole month of July, but as the days passed, I asked them to send me to a closest place to Tampico, so they ask me if I wanted to go to Matamoros and I accepted.
After that, they told me I had to train 3 American teachers who were going to cross to Matamoros and I had to coordinate them. But at the same time, they gave me the surprise that I will have to teach also one of the groups because they were 4. I understood they wanted not to pay another teacher.
In all these last days, I was very stressful and worried, first I was thinking "Oh my God, I remember I needed to have a course Ms Martha ask me as a candidate for the Federal schools, how amI going to take it if I already accept this Diplomado" Of couse on those days I did not know it was going to be the same Diplomado I need to take of the one I was going to give at Matamoros, so imagine, untill a teacher from the Latino who worked at the same time at the Federal schools told me "imagine what we are going to have a Diplomado from The Santander University here at the UPN" At that moment, I knew it was the same. So what I did is to tell Ms Martha what was happening and she asked me to give her a letter where it said I was going to give the same Diplomado.
I hope you understand all this story. I'll continue on the next blog because now you'll see my experience at Matamoros, this was just the beggining.
Teacher Cabrales: Sorry for writing this at the very last day of the week, I hope you wouldn't check them before, that's because I was looking for a teacher who has my memory stick or (memoria) where I have the original photos from Matamoros and I wanted to put them at the beggining of the blog, but I couln't find her and the days passed. In this moment I'm going to her house to get my memory stick and I'll try to put the image of the real class. See you on the next blog. Have a nice day!

No hay comentarios: